Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Rise Above the Gray

Every winter when a strong high pressure builds over our now crowded valley, temperatures flip upside down. This inverted air traps below freezing temperatures to the ground and engulfs every thing in a thick gray blanket of smog. As the air gets ever colder, it gets ever dirtier, thicker, and even the snow loses it's pure luster. This gray can last for days upon days and at times there seems to be no escape. However, to those of us that live in the foothills, we know the only way out is to head for the mountains.


Paragliding Thru Winter - 2013 from DEAF Crew on Vimeo.

This short video was taken over the last several days as me and a few of my friends headed for the hills, with paragliders on our backs, and adventure in our hearts in search of relief from the dull gray inversion of the valley. Like most things in life, if you are willing to put forth a little effort, brave the elements, and expend a little energy, you can rise above the gray and be rewarded with beauty only to be found in the blue.

As I sit here and stare out my office window, I am once again engulfed in the gray blanket. Another adventure to the blue is calling my name. Yeah, what else is new....the blue sky has been calling my name for years!

No comments:

Post a Comment